Sometimes Windows 10 users start facing the Sleep Mode issues which indicate that the “Windows 10 sleep mode is not working.” It is considered as a widespread problem, and it is because of many reasons like inference from third-party programs, unsuitable settings, and system driver problems.
Steps to Configure Settings to Allow Computer to Sleep
You have to ensure that the basic Windows 10 power options should be placed as default so that the computer can be put into the sleep mode. The third party programs interfere with the settings, and they start making changes which is a cause of this issue. Go through the steps given below to adjust the “Power” options as a default:
• Tap on the “Windows” option for opening the “Start” drop-down menu. Enter the “Power Options” in the given section and after that, tap on the result which indicates “Power Options” on the screen.
• Now, you will get the Power Options on the screen. In this window, you can select the “Balanced Mode” as default and after that, tap on the “Change plan settings” button. In case you wish to use the other power mode option, then you have to tap on the “Change plan settings” button.
• The option which you had selected in the steps mentioned above gets open on the screen. You have to tap on the “Change advanced power settings” button.
• The Window of Power options gets open on the screen. You have to tap on the “Restore plan defaults” option.
• Otherwise, by going the window of Power Options, you can enlarge the “Multimedia Settings” button and after that, enlarge the “When sharing media” button. In this window, choose the “Allow the computer to sleep” option located in the pull-down list for the “Battery” and “Plugged in” buttons.
Note: In case you are using the computer, then the two options will not be displayed on the desktop which is located in the “When sharing media” drop-down menu. Only one option will be displayed on the desktop. In that window, you have to choose the “Allow the computer to sleep” button.
Once you had done with the changes, tap on the “Ok” for applying the Power settings. After that, in case these steps will not help you to solve this issue, then you have to try another step for it.
Steps to Do A Clean Boot in Windows 10
Here are the steps given below to do a clean boot in Windows 10:
• First, you need to enter the “msconfig” in the search box located at the end left-hand side of the screen. Tap on the “Enter” button after completing the procedure. By doing this procedure, the system configuration option located on the “msconfig” window gets open on display.
• Tap on the “Radio” option near the “Selective Startup” option underneath the “Startup Selection” window. Ensure that the “Load system services” button should go through the “Selective Startup” window.
• Tap on the “Ok” option after completing the procedure.
• After that go to the drop-down menu given at the upper side, there you need to select the “Services” option. It is an option which contains the entire services which are offered by Microsoft on the computer.
• Then, go through the options which indicate “Hide all Microsoft Services.” After that, you have to click on the “Disable All” button. Press on the “Apply” option and after that, tap on the “Ok” button.
• You need to start the computer again which is already in the clean boot mode.
Ava Williams is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, She has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.